Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 8: Something I'm Worrying About and Day 9: My Opinion on Cheating

I know I mixed up days 6 and 7, actually not quite sure how that happened.

Day 8: Something I'm currently worrying about

Going into my senior year in high school, something that's been on my mind lately is college and my future, and to be honest, it is something that I worry about almost constantly.

Although the idea of going off somewhere completely unfamiliar and meeting a lot of new people scares me senseless, it also makes me feel very excited, and I've made a "summer college checklist" to make sure that I don't get too overwhelmed. 

[ ] Find 2 colleges to visit in Colorado next week
[ ] Visit one local small school, local medium, and local large school
[ ] Find an area of study 
[ ] Look up scholarships and see what you have to do to apply for it
[ ] Write a common app essay draft or two
[ ] Make a "short list" of schools to visit/apply to

So that list is what's keeping me from going totally insane as a rush of information and letters from colleges comes my way at this time of year. I've literally sifted through a hundred college letters, all stating that "I would fit in spectacularly in their school" and urging me to "find my future" because "the college admissions process can be overwhelming".

Day 9: My opinion on cheating in a relationship

Cheating, to me, is completely unacceptable, and I don't understand what goes through people's minds to make them think that's okay. If you like someone else, go be with them, but at least have the decency to tell the person you're currently with. I've had a few friends who have been cheated on, and there's nothing worse  for someone's self esteem, because it makes them think that they just weren't good enough.

In short, cheating is dastardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment