Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Life is Crazy!

It's been such a long time since I've posted, but I ran into an extra half hour tonight, so I decided to write. Scratch that, I don't actually have an extra half hour, but i'm willing to procrastinate even further on my homework in order to write.
Anyways, damn my life is crazy! My ski season started up a few weeks ago, and so I haven't been getting home until around 6 or 630 every night. Add that to the craziness of trying to do homework while completely exhausted, it's quite a handful. I'm managing pretty well though.

I decided to write today to talk about the amazing day that is today. It's 12/12/12, and it's the last day like this in a century! The next repeat day will be in 100 years, which most of us alive now won't be alive to see. I was reading a Facebook post that one of my friends posted about today, and it was inspiring and true.

"For those that say 12/12/12 and dates like it don't matter, that's cool i guess...say what you want, but consider this first. There's so many days of celebration, but how often can absolutely everyone believe and celebrate the same thing? Independence days and religious holidays only effect some people. This is a day we can all celebrate together. There's no "i don't believe in it" or "hooray we lost a war." So if you still think its not a big deal. Fine."

It's just cool because it's a day that everyone can celebrate, no matter their religion or beliefs. I wasn't very appreciative of this before I read this, but it gave me a little bit more respect for people that get really excited about this kind of thing.

Anyways, i'm not sure when i'll be able to post again, so keep calm and carry on (:

No comments:

Post a Comment