Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 23: Something You Always Think "What If..." About

Whenever I think about a "what if..." type of scenario, it's usually about where I wound up going to school. I live in Minneapolis, but I open enrolled to Edina when I was in first grade, and have gone to school there ever since.

What I found out recently is that my parents applied for open enrollment in both Edina and Richfield. School-wise, Edina has some of the best academics in the state, and Richfield is falling a bit behind in that regard. If I had gone there, I might be a completely different person.

I wouldn't have met the people that I know today, would have grown up around completely different people, and, I think, would have a different personality.

It's weird to think about, but I'm proud of the decision that my parents made to send me to Edina, and I'm very thankful to have the opportunity to get such a good education.

No comments:

Post a Comment